Alternative, intelligent finance
Growth Loan Fund I
- The Growth Loan Fund commenced investments in Sep 2012 and made its final investment in Sep 2018.
- The Fund was originally a £50m fund, which was later increased to £55m.
- During the 6-year investment period, the Fund invested in 102 companies in NI across 140 loans.
- The Growth Loan Fund 1 (£55m) is forecast to create over 1000 new jobs during the Fund life.
- The Fund also leveraged a further £50m from banks, financial institutions, private equity providers, etc, into those 102 SMEs at the point of investment – this has added over £100m of investment into the NI market.
- The successful deployment of the Fund has led to Whiterock launching two new funds – Growth Loan Fund II and Growth Finance Fund with the support of NILGOSC, British Business Bank and Invest NI.
- The success of the Fund has established Whiterock as a key funder in the alternative finance market.